Gabion wire is rectangular basket fabricated from a heavily galvanized hexagonal mesh. Gabion wire depends mainly on the interlocking of individual stone and rock within the wire mesh for internal stability, and their mass or weight to resist hydraulic and earth forces.
Material of Gabion wire: low carbon steel wire, galvanized wire, galfan wire
Surface treatment: hot dipped galvanized, PVC coated, galfan
Steel wire tensile strength: no more than 380N/mm
Feature of Gabion wire :
- Easily construct, no special technology needed.
- Strong capacity of withstand nature destroy, rust-resistance and atrocious weather resistance.
- Deformed and distorted without damage to the gabions.
- The slit between the mesh and stone is good for the growth, which can be the part of the environment around.
- Excellent penetrability, which can prevent from the whist by liquid.
- Saving the transport costs, which can fold while loading and transport, then assemble.
Applications of Gabion wire:
- Retaining wall structures
- River and canal training works
- Erosion and scour protection; roadway protection; bridge protection
- Hydraulic structures, dams and culverts
- Coastal defence and protection works
- Rockfall and soil erosion protection