Gabion Baskets (Boxes) are structures which shall be made of hexagonal steel wire mesh. Gabion Baskets shall be supplied in various lengths, widths and heights.
For sizes & tolerances of dimensions (length x width x height) For mesh opening tolerances. Gabions also meet the requirements of ASTM A975-97.
To meet the needs of different customers, DEZE GABION supplying different materials for gabion basket:
- Hot dipped galvanized
- 5% Gal-fan coated (95% Zinc+5% Aluminum)
- 10% Gal-fan coated (90% Zinc+10% Aluminum)
- Galvanized or Galfan+ PVC coated
- Stainless steel wire
Gabion Basket Features:
- The main advantages of gabions are their strength and flexibility.
- Their wire construction can tolerate differential settlement without fracture.
- Hydrostatic pressure does not build up behind the gabion units because of their permeable nature.
- The double twisted hexagonal mesh means that the wire will not unravel when cut which allows the gabions to be easily cut and shaped to suit project requirements.
- Control and guide of water or flood
- Flood bank or guiding bank
- Preventing of rock breaking
- Water and soil protection
- Bridge protection
- Strengthening structure of soil
- Protection engineering of seaside area